Yorkshire Aquatic will be making their splashy finale to a Summer of dry-land synchronised swimming and mermaid lessons at Bramley Baths on Sunday 29th September, 12.30-4.30pm. They will give two short performances in the pool at 1pm and 4pm during an afternoon of fun and games for all ages. See the Million Dollar Mermaids latest homage to the golden age of Hollywood, a vintage hat-tip to movie icon Esther Williams.
Featuring six performers from around Yorkshire, Million Dollar Mermaids is a short performance being developed at Bramley Baths during an afternoon of family activities, swimming and two art installations including Mermaid Photography by Lizzie Coombes and sound recordings with members of Bramley Elderly Action remembering swimming.
The performance combines vintage synchronised swimming techniques with physical theatre, developed by choreographer Zoe Parker.
Yorkshire Life Aquatic is choreographer Zoe Parker, ex-synchronised swimmer Lucy Meredith, Ellen McAuslan, Natasha Glew, Carolyn Eden, Keeley Lane and Jennifer Nevin, working with local musician Jamie Fletcher and photographer Lizzie Coombes.
Join them for get together for swimming, steam, demonstrations, bike-surgery and plenty of cake made by the Friends of Bramley Baths!
▪ Yorkshire Life Aquatic Performances (1pm and 4pm)
▪ Mermaid photography exhibition by Lizzie Coombes
▪ Swimming Stories (sound installation with members of Bramley Elderly Action)
A seaside photo booth
▪ Kids shark inflatable (2.30pm-3.30pm)
▪ General Swim (1.30pm-2.15pm)
▪ Mini-steam (adults)
▪ Gym tours
▪ CPR and fitness demonstrations
▪ A pirate ride
▪ Bike repair surgery with The Pedallers’ Arms
▪ …and a cake stall run by the Friends.
You don’t need a ticket, just come on down. £1 entry.
Mermaid photography by Lizzie Coombes