Leeds Dock will be hosting a very special exhibition from cultural pioneer James Lavelle of UNKLE and Mo’ Wax in spaces across the site June 24th – 25th.
Daydreaming with UNKLE presents… The Road: Leeds Dock is a multi-sensory exhibition in partnership with Canon, Bowers & Wilkins and Leeds BID (Business Improvement District) and curated by the Mo’Wax and UNKLE founder himself.
The Daydreaming with… exhibitions are inspired by the desire to marry music and the visual arts and aim to create a unique and multi-sensory experience, unprecedented by museum exhibitions or music festivals.
James Lavelle whose 25-year career spans and has influenced art, music, graphic design, film, fashion and media will take control of a series of spaces at Leeds Dock to create a unique and interactive exhibition celebrating 25 years of UNKLE by exploring the cultural impact of his work in anticipation of the release of UNKLE’s fifth studio album: The Road: Part I.
“UNKLE has always been a multi-sensory creative project, ranging from genre-defining music to cutting-edge visual art,” said James. “It therefore feels incredibly fitting to celebrate UNKLE’s past, present and future in Leeds, with an immersive show at the cultural hub of Leeds dock. The exhibition is a collaboration between a number of very talented artists, presenting everything from paintings, videos, artefacts and film screenings. I look forward to welcoming visitors to daydream with us.” James Lavelle
Sunday 25th June 2017
- In conversation with James Lavelle, a live Q&A on his work and cultural milestones. 4pm – 5pm at the exhibition space, Dock Works. FREE https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/daydreaming-withunkle-presents-the-road-leeds-in-conversation-with-james-lavelle-tickets-35345612679
- James Lavelle DJ set- Waterfront Festival Stage at Leeds dock – 5:30pm – 7pm
Saturday 24th– Sunday 25th June 2017
Dock Works at Leeds Dock – 10am – 18:00.
The exhibition will feature:
- Classic pieces from the Mo’ Wax and UNKLE archives: Music releases, art, fashion and toy collaborations.
- Ground-breaking UNKLE music videos from the likes of Spike Jonze and Jonathan Glazer.
- A new Virtual Reality installation captured from ‘Daydreaming With…Stanley Kubrick’
- A unique opportunity to ‘step inside’ Doug Foster’s mesmerising new installation to experience art at its most immersive and witness four tracks from ‘The Road: Part 1
- A pop-up store featuring UNKLE artefacts, merchandise, records and toys.
- An exclusive opportunity to experience songs and videos from the forthcoming UNKLE album.
Artists in the show:
3D from Massive Attack
Warren Du Preez and Nick Thornton Jones
Ty Evans and Spike Jonze
Archive merchandise items being shown:
The Vinyl factory